Dover Landing – Adjacent to 31 River St
Dover Landing enjoyed a “Renaissance period” between 1870 and 1906 when its commerce and shipping capacity rivaled that of Portsmouth. This is a photo of the Dover Landing taken from the lower Washington street bridge, circa 1890’s. The Landing served as the center of Dover’s commercial and industrial base for centuries. The ship in the foreground is the two-masted schooner “Silver Spray ” which is docked at Captain Trefethen’s lime sheds where George’s Marina is presently located.